My Children: Princess (4) and Superboy (3) have been keeping their room organized and putting away their own clothes since they were 2 and 3. How? With the aid of Picture labels, I labeled all their dressers with clip art of Panties, Socks a car for "by-bye clothes" and a swing for "play clothes". As far as toys I "right clicked" many things from the Toys R Us Site to make those labels. When laundry needs to be put away I make piles near their dresser and usually point out the "play clothes" pile and the "bye-bye pile" they do the rest!
This works wonders! Picture Labels work for me!
Visit: Rocks in My Dryer for more ideas!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
My Children ages 3 and 4 have Chores every day except Sunday. Sunday is their day off and treat day, because they are too young for an allowance on Sunday they get to pick something from the treat box. They alternate daily between this list:
Clean up toys from everywhere but the room, Vac cum,clean bedroom (they share a room), dust, help put away dishes, clean the glass on the front door,help with trash. They also put away their laundry. Some of these are on a as needed basis. They know that they are not doing their job correctly if they complain or whine (I usually have to gently remind that that God says to do everything without whining or complaining. So teaching character and responsibility Works for me!
PS- If you would like to see our chart or for some links to some others please e-mail me :)
Be sure to visit Rocks in My Dryer for more ideas!
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Ok- So I had a list of weight loss goals :) Here it is only 1 and 1/2 months out and already I can mark off some of my goals as done! WOOOOOOO_HOOOOOOOOO!
Here is the original post.
Now without further wait- My goal list re-visited:
My motivation/goals for WLS
1. To ride a bike : DONE!
2. To walk without being breathless: DONE!
3. To sit in chairs with arms without bruising myself : DONE!
4. To not have to wonder if I will fit or break a chair
5. To fit in amusement park rides
6. To buy my clothes in a “regular size”
7. To run
8. to swing with my kids
9. To not have to avoid the beach because walking in the sand I sink and become exhausted
10. To feel good about me
11. To be able to go all day without napping : DONE!
12.To be able to tuck in my shirt
13. So I’m not always self-conscious about my weight, wondering what other people are thinking about how big I am.
14. So I don’t end up with diabetes like my mom, aunt, siblings and both grandmothers. : DONE!
15. I don’t want to have a heart attack before I’m 40 : DONE!
16. So people don’t perceive me as lazy, because I’m not!
17. Because if a restaurant has booths with a fixed (non-movable)
table, I can’t sit in a booth.
18. So I can buy a bra from the rack in the store and not have to buy them off the Internet or mail order catalogs.
19. So I can know, for once in my life, that I was finally able to take
control of my eating and my weight . In Progress :)
20. I want to feel attractive and sexy !
21.I want to be able to cross my legs!
22. So that when my hubby and kids hug me they can wrap their arms all the way around.
23.Because I can’t walk at the same pace as my husband, otherwise I’d break out in a sweat and being breathless.
24.A lot of what I have in my closet was not purchased because I like
it….I got it simply because it fit and I needed clothes . I want to buy clothes because I like them.
25. Because I cannot get life insurance.
26. I want to teach my children healthy habits by example. In Progress :)
27. Not ever looking looking pregnant just fatter.
28. To wear cute shoes
29.To be able to fly without paying extra or getting a seat belt extender or worst of all- squishing my neighbor!
30. To be able to walk through a tight space like: between cars in a parking space or in a theater or between pews and people at church or in a crowded restaurant,
31. So I don’t see the “look” when people meet me.
32. So people don’t “not Look” at me and avoid “hearing” me.
33. So I don’t struggle getting in and out of cars and buckling my seat belt. : DONE!
34. So I feel like a lady.
35. So when I am around other people they don’t quickly shift to make room- and then have that embarrassing moment when they overcompensate for the space needed.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Flicker has a page where you can spell your name ad you get a cool Picture of it!
Try it here:http://metaatem.net/words/
Here is mine:
Monday, September 10, 2007
Scientist have finally found the "skinny gene!"
Now just one question... Why not me Lord?!
Posted by Dolly at 9:01 AM
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Some Homemaking, Homeschool, Recipes, Budgeting A true must see! Here is the link:
And be sure to look at my free downloads on the left! Grab a drink and browse!
Friday, September 7, 2007
Sunday, September 2, 2007
All you moms can relate to this one ;)