My progress, since weight loss surgery 8/8/07

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Check marks!

Ok- So I had a list of weight loss goals :) Here it is only 1 and 1/2 months out and already I can mark off some of my goals as done! WOOOOOOO_HOOOOOOOOO!

Here is the original post.

Now without further wait- My goal list re-visited:

My motivation/goals for WLS

1. To ride a bike : DONE!
2. To walk without being breathless: DONE!
3. To sit in chairs with arms without bruising myself : DONE!
4. To not have to wonder if I will fit or break a chair
5. To fit in amusement park rides
6. To buy my clothes in a “regular size”
7. To run
8. to swing with my kids
9. To not have to avoid the beach because walking in the sand I sink and become exhausted
10. To feel good about me
11. To be able to go all day without napping : DONE!
12.To be able to tuck in my shirt
13. So I’m not always self-conscious about my weight, wondering what other people are thinking about how big I am.
14. So I don’t end up with diabetes like my mom, aunt, siblings and both grandmothers. : DONE!
15. I don’t want to have a heart attack before I’m 40 : DONE!
16. So people don’t perceive me as lazy, because I’m not!
17. Because if a restaurant has booths with a fixed (non-movable)
table, I can’t sit in a booth.
18. So I can buy a bra from the rack in the store and not have to buy them off the Internet or mail order catalogs.
19. So I can know, for once in my life, that I was finally able to take
control of my eating and my weight . In Progress :)
20. I want to feel attractive and sexy !
21.I want to be able to cross my legs!
22. So that when my hubby and kids hug me they can wrap their arms all the way around.
23.Because I can’t walk at the same pace as my husband, otherwise I’d break out in a sweat and being breathless.
24.A lot of what I have in my closet was not purchased because I like
it….I got it simply because it fit and I needed clothes . I want to buy clothes because I like them.
25. Because I cannot get life insurance.
26. I want to teach my children healthy habits by example. In Progress :)
27. Not ever looking looking pregnant just fatter.
28. To wear cute shoes
29.To be able to fly without paying extra or getting a seat belt extender or worst of all- squishing my neighbor!
30. To be able to walk through a tight space like: between cars in a parking space or in a theater or between pews and people at church or in a crowded restaurant,
31. So I don’t see the “look” when people meet me.
32. So people don’t “not Look” at me and avoid “hearing” me.
33. So I don’t struggle getting in and out of cars and buckling my seat belt. : DONE!
34. So I feel like a lady.
35. So when I am around other people they don’t quickly shift to make room- and then have that embarrassing moment when they overcompensate for the space needed.

No comments: