So, Before my surgery I had posted a "WHY LIST"
See the original post
I have met some of the goals of that list and so I thought I should update it:)
The ones in RED I have done!
My motivation/goals for WLS
1. To ride a bike
2. To walk without being breathless
3. To sit in chairs with arms without bruising myself
4. To not have to wonder if I will fit or break a chair
5. To fit in amusement park rides
6. To buy my clothes in a “regular size”
7. To run
8. to swing with my kids
9. To not have to avoid the beach because walking in the sand I sink and become exhausted to fast
10. To feel good about me
11. To be able to go all day without napping
12.To be able to tuck in my shirt
13. So I’m not always self-conscious about my weight, wondering what other people are thinking about how big I am.
14. So I don’t end up with diabetes like my mom, aunt, siblings and both grandmothers.
15. I don’t want to have a heart attack before I’m 40
16. So people don’t perceive me as lazy, because I’m not!
17. Because if a restaurant has booths with a fixed (non-movable)
table, I can’t sit in a booth.
18. So I can buy a bra from the rack in the store and not have to buy them off the Internet or mail order catalogs.
19. So I can know, for once in my life, that I was finally able to take
control of my eating and my weight.
20. I want to feel attractive and sexy !
21.I want to be able to cross my legs!
22. So that when my hubby and kids hug me they can wrap their arms all the way around.
23.Because I can’t walk at the same pace as my husband, otherwise I’d break out in a sweat and being breathless.
24.A lot of what I have in my closet was not purchased because I like
it….I got it simply because it fit and I needed clothes . I want to buy clothes because I like them.
25. Because I cannot get life insurance.
26. I want to teach my children healthy habits by example.
27. Not ever looking looking pregnant just fatter.
28. To wear cute shoes
29.To be able to fly without paying extra or getting a seat belt extender or worst of all- squishing my neighbor!
30. To be able to walk through a tight space like: between cars in a parking space or in a theater or between pews and people at church or in a crowded restaurant,
31. So I don’t see the “look” when people meet me.
32. So people don’t “not Look” at me and avoid “hearing” me.
33. So I don’t struggle getting in and out of cars and buckling my seat belt.
34. So I feel like a lady.
35. So when I am around other people they don’t quickly shift to make room- and then have that embarrassing moment when they overcompensate for the space needed.