My progress, since weight loss surgery 8/8/07

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

WFMW: Mommy's Power Naps


Bear with me this is a long Intro!
This Is the Parenting Edition of WFMW, Believe me- Mommy's Power Naps make me more patient and sweet as a mommy :)
I have been burning the candle at both ends for some time now. I have worked at least PT (up until this year) every since my babies were little. My hubby and I have always worked this out so that we work opposite schedules so there would be no need for child care. The hardest was the Mid night shifts! This year I have been in Real estate school and plan to start working again in Jan. I am taking classes on line so that my hubby could pick up a PT job (along with the FT job ) to supplement my loss of income. How did we work it out? In order that the schedule would not interfere with my home, I get up before everyone else ( at 5am and do 2 hrs. of classes daily.) I do not have the luxury of getting to bed before 10pm , so usually right after lunch I am worn down. I take a 30 min. POWER nap even though my 3 and 4 year old do not nap. How? I put in a 30 min. kid tape, turn down the volume and curl up on the couch. My oldest is in charge of waking Mommy after the movie! Mother Of The Year? Probably not, but it works for me! Be sure to visit Rocks in My Dryer for more great ideas. Oh, and if you did not know - Check out the Dog Days Of Summer Bloggy Giveaways she is hosting here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The best advice I ever got was to "sleep when the baby sleeps." She takes a nap in the afternoon... so do I.

I'm new to your blog. It looks really interesting and fun. I'm looking forward to reading more as the days go by.

Hugs,
Melinda