My progress, since weight loss surgery 8/8/07

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Kitchen Tip Tues.: Flax and Menus


Did you know you can use flax as a substitute for fat or eggs in recipe? Three tablespoons of flax equals one tablespoon of fat or oil, and one tablespoon of flax plus three tablespoons of water equals one egg. Not only is this healthy it makes it safe for those with egg allergies, Vegans and it is frugal! If you count the cost of flax vs. eggs the savings usually are wonderful! It is sold in a box , near the flour. I also include a small spoon full in my kid's yogurt/cereal/ smoothies/ granola.

I also found this little tid-bit:

"Flaxseed is very high in omega-3 essential fatty acids. In addition to the omega-3s, the remaining two components of flaxseed -- lignans and fiber -- are being studied for their health benefits as well", says Diane Morris, PhD, RD,


Menus Note : By the way- I am working on putting 8 weeks of menus for everyone to download for free on my page- they include breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and the recipes! All free for you! Look at the left sidebar :)

Be sure to visit Tammy's Page for more tips!

No comments: