My progress, since weight loss surgery 8/8/07

Monday, June 4, 2007

Powdered milk, mixing dry ingredients and homemade bisquick


All three of these tips go together so I am posting them all at once :)
1.One of my favorite tips is to keep one small peanut butter jar with about a cup of powdered milk (already mixed with the water) in the fridge. I use this whenever I make ANY RECIPE that needs milk. We cannot seem to get used to using it in our cereal or for drinking. . This saves bunches of money and I always have a small amount handy :) We love Pancakes and make them usually at least once a week, so I always use it in my favorite pancake recipe . I only mix about a cupful at a time because I rarely need more than that in any recipe. If it is not pre-mixed in the fridge I tend to forget to use it.
2. I LOVE my kitchenaid stand mixer! When making homemade Bisquick you have to mix the flour and shortening until it becomes similar to cornmeal. I use my mixer with the wire whisk and set it on the lowest setting . It works perfectly and my hands don't end up messy! I can let it run while I do other things in the kitchen so it saves time too! I bet you could do it with a hand mixer just as well.
3. I also use my mixer with the whisk attachment with any recipe that calls for you to mix dry ingredients separately and then add them to the wet ingredients. I would just pour the dry mix into another bowl, mix the wet stuff and then add the dry stuff back in.

For more Wonderful tips AND some really great recipes! Visit Tammy's Recipes

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good tips, thanks! I love my KitchenAide, too. I like to use all my servant girls (appliances and tools) to the maximum, if possible.

Amy said...

Aren't Kitchen Aid mixers the best! I call mine my "loyal servant". LOL. Thanks for sharing your great tips :o)

Mrs. Pear said...

I use my kitchenaid the exact same way! And love it! I don't know how I would manage my daughter's peanut allergy without it!

Alexandra said...

Sounds a lot easier than making the mix by hand like I do. I think I'll put that kitchenaid on my wishlist!

Thanks for the tip for powdered milk. Great idea! I really hate having to mix it when I'm already trying to get other things done. Good time saver.