My Home keeping Notebook
I have been keeping a home keeping notebook for about 3 years now . It changes and evolves as my life does. There are new things added , updated and even removed a the children grow, we move, We get a dog, buying and selling house and car, new jobs, Home schooling. Well you get the idea. I love seeing what others do with their notebooks, so before I ask you to share, I thought I would open mine for you. First let me tell you that I have went from one notebook to three! The main one is the most important. I have my main homekeeping notebooking, My homeschool binder and my lesson plan binder. Please leave me a comment or e-mail me if you would like to share your notebook(s) with me or if you want a copy of my forms :)
Be sure to see Rocks In My Dryer For more ideas!
Want to see more? Read below:
Dolly’s Home keeping Notebook (2 inch binder~ photo follows)
Inside there sections:
1. A current to do or notes( just a handwritten sheet ( I Love List)
2. Cleaning notes and schedules- Daily, Weekly, once a quarter schedules for life and cleaning,
And a Library Log that keeps track of when borrowed items are due. I don’t keep my calendar here anymore because it is on my computer and the “family one” is a desk calendar on the fridge.
3.Monthly Menus- blank and Current menus and a month’s worth ( so I can avoid too many repeats) , My Butcher shop price list, and a list of Breakfast and lunch ideas
4. My wonder dog’s and the Kid’s Dr. and schedules for vaccines- We order the vaccines for wonder dog online and give them at home.
5. Funny stories, poems and cute things- Mostly copies of clippings that I have found that I like to keep and share sometimes.
6. Blank Note paper for list and notes
My Homeshcool Stuff ( 3 inch binder~ photo follows)
Inside there sections
1,2 &3.A section for each subject that I need extra notes for Ie- Sazon Math K has A ton of worksheets- these are in a section of their own. Bible , and Spell to Write and Read.
4. Legal stuff-the laws and a notice of intent form
5. Tips and notes - Things and Ideas
Lesson Plans and Notes (1 inch binder~ photo follows)
Zippered Pouch with scissors pens and pencils because this one is used away form my office .
and 3 sections:
1. Calendar and schedules- a full calendar- year at a glance and a detail of the kid’s home school schedule
2. Curriculum - The curriculum key that explains my Abbreviations in the lesson plan and my current years curriculum plan that includes what plans we have for the current year.
3. Lesson Plans- Daily plans for two kids one page for each. I have to explain because this coming year my DH and I plan to share HS duties so I can work PT- He is a Firefighter and works one 24 hr. shift and then has 48 off continuously.