My progress, since weight loss surgery 8/8/07

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Homemade Sour Cream,buttermilk and Butter


Tammy' Recipes is now hosting a new Carnival, since this is one of my favorite spots for "everyday recipes", I couldn't wait to share!

Most of you probably already know these, but I just found these in my Depression era cook book that I inherited from Grandma:

Sour Cream: 1/4 cup of buttermilk and add four cups of heavy cream to a mason jar. Cover and shake a little, then put on the counter. In about 24 hours, I have sour cream!

I also noticed that there was a recipe on how to make buttermilk (tip # 7) I want to try that recipe next time!

Buttermilk (another recipe)
1/4 cup of buttermilk and add four cups of milk to a mason jar. Cover and shake a little, then put on the counter. In about 24 hours, I have buttermilk. I just have to remember to save a little buttermilk from each batch for the next batch.

Homemade butter:

Put heavy cream into a bowl and beat with a mixer until it turns into butter or put it in a jar a shake!

Be sure to visit Tammy's Kitchen for more tips!

No comments: